Thursday, January 15, 2009

A new website


Well, in celebration of the fact that http://www.highmountaineering.com/ version 1.0 is up and running now it seems that I'm rewarded with a temperature rise of 9deg C this morning! I've been working on this for the past few weeks to launch in time with the publishing of my latest article in CLIMB magazine about Performance Winter Climbing. There is a section in the site about the Coaching i offer in regards to improving performance http://www.highmountaineering.com/index.php?id=125
There is also an articles section on the site which i will update every week or so with a new piece. http://www.highmountaineering.com/index.php?id=93
Update your book marks!
There was significant snow up high above about 600m 24 hrs ago in the North West, but some warm rain fell in the night and with high winds and pretty solid cloud cover i wouldn't expect the lapse rate to be too significant and would expect the snow to have gone soggy.

However, it is due to get colder on Friday and with stormy weather and rapid thaw freezes then North West ice should grow in the drainage lines up high.

I'm out this weekend doing more performance mixed climbing coaching and will report back. I have availability next week till Saturday for short term bookings but am not available the week after.

In the mean time have a look at the new site, if there are any glaring mistakes please email me and tell me! I know that in many places an apostrophe has been replaced by a question mark and am trying to hunt these gremlins down!

Lastly, a HUGE thank you must go to Geoff Neill for the design and building of the site. If you want a site built, get in touch and I'll pass your details on, he is fantastic and even managed to get a Luddite like me to get stuck in.

No comments: